Monday, November 15, 2010

Courtney's Cowboy Cookie Recipe


Mix together:
4 sticks butter
4 Eggs
2 cups white sugar
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

in a separate bowl MIX:

2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon

ADD dry ingredients to wet mixture. MIX together. Then add:

1 bag sweetened coconut
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag white chocolate chips
3-5 cups old fashioned oats (I like putting lots of oats in, I usually just eye ball it until it looks like enough.)

MIX all together.

Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. I always under bake them a bit and then let them sit on the cookie sheet for about 3 to 4 minutes after they come out of the oven. They are still really soft, but I like them that way. You can leave them in for 9-10 minutes if you like them harder, but watch them closely because they will burn before you know it.

OK so here is the thing about this recipe. It makes A TON of cookies. About 76 to be exact, if you put 12 to a sheet. I have started making them MUCH bigger and only put 6 to a sheet and so they don't make as many. However, you can half the recipe. They only thing about that is that my mom thinks they never come out the same if you half it, but I did it the other day and it was just fine. But when I halved it, I think I still put in 2 bags of chocolate chips (1 white, one milk choc.) and it worked great. I think the more chocolate chips the merrier.

I hope this works! You can call me if you have any questions!

Courtney
301-520-6938

No comments: