Have you ever felt so overwhelmed with everyday life and thought that there's hardly any chance to take a breath, make friends, reconnect with friendly faces, or just to put down your warrior mom/wife armor and let the world pause for a minute or two? Personally, I often think that I will make time to socialize when my kids are older, when my house is more organized, when I'm all caught up with my scripture study, when I'm at least half way done with my to-do list from last month... Then I came across this quote from another blog: "Be happy for this moment... This moment is your life." So true! And our lives are much more meaningful when we can celebrate with friends. So please pause your laundry-folding, house-cleaning, studying, or your blank stare into your TV wondering what other women in your neighborhood might be doing when they don't have a husband around to entertain them... because they might just be coming to my place for a girls' night out. Well, not a night OUT per se, but at my place, which is far from perfect, but good enough for a breath or fresh air, some friendly connections, and being yourself for more than a minute or two. Potluck-style appetizers are welcome but not required. Little kiddo attachments are welcome. Make-up is absolutely not necessary. And PJ attires and pillows are recommended. Friday, May 14, beginning at 6:30 pm 'til you're tired of this place. Drop by anytime, for an hour or two or as long as you may desire. See you in a few days!
Patty Vernon
7170 Calabria Court, Unit B
San Diego, CA 92122
858-750-0350
No comments:
Post a Comment